Federico Vespignani is an Italian photographer born and raised in Venice. He studied visual arts at IED in Rome, Upon graduation, he begun working as a freelance photographer for editorial and corporate clients. His latest works resolve about the relationship between the individual and his fear, mainly in Central America and Mexico. He participated at the XXX Eddie Adams Workshop in 2017. He is also a recipient of the Reporter Day for developing a long-term project in Central America.
• 2018 - “Debuts” Fotofestiwal Lodz
• 2018 - “Prima Visione 2017”, Galleria Belvedere, Milano
• 2017 - “Blue Echoes”, Angkor photo Festival, Cambodia
• 2017 - “Blue Echoes”, Corigliano Calabro Fotografia, Corigliano.
• 2017 -“One love only”, Centro Cultural maktub, san salvador
• 2017 - “La Distancia”, Photo Plus Expo, New York
• 2016 - “LACUNA/AE, modern architecture in Venice”, Venice
• 2016 - “Mater Laguna" Venice Art House, Ca'Zanardi, Venice
• 2015 - “Prima Visione 2015” Galleria Belvedere, Milan
• 2015 - “Black & White”, Fondazione Valerio Riva, venice
Clients & Publications: The New York Times, Geo, Burn, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Bloomberg News, L’Oeil De La Photographie, PH Museum, Il Reportage, Roads & Kingdoms, PDN, Lens Culture, Il Giornale, Gli Occhi della Guerra, Manner, Private Magazine, Mutti Magazine, Doc!, IL Magazine, El Diario De Hoy, Manner, Eyesopen!, Domus, Balich Worldwide Show, Expo Milano, Becks, Punk For Business, Art Tribune, VIdeo Gang, Glance Studio, Musa, Daily Best.
Grants & Rewards:
• 2018 - Winner PDN’s Storytellers, ENVIRONMENTAL category
•2018- Finalist Direct look
• 2018 - Finalist CDS Documentary Essay Prize in Photography
• 2018 - Finalist in Reportage Category Kolga Photo Award.
• 2018 - Finalist in Documentary Category Kolga Photo Award.
• 2018 - Winner of Debuts
• 2018 - New York Times Portfolio Review
• 2017 - Eddie Adams Workshop XXX, New York.
• 2017 - Reporter day funded by Il Giornale, 1st place winner
• 2017 - Shortlisted for The Lucie Foundation Photo Taken Scholarship